Building Blockchain-based decentralized applications using Ethereum
In this 3-day course, you will learn the fundamentals of Blockchain and how it works.
One of the hottest technologies of late is no doubt Blockchain. But what is a blockchain? A blockchain is a digital transaction of records that are arranged in chunks of data called blocks. These blocks then link with one another through a cryptographic validation known as a hashing function. Linked together, these blocks form an unbroken chain— a blockchain. A blockchain is programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of Blockchain and how it works. Once you have a good foundation in how blockchain works, you will use a specific implementation – the Ethereum network. The Ethereum network supports an execution environment known as Smart Contracts, where developers can use them to store digital currencies or assets on the blockchain. You will see some real-life use of Smart Contracts, as well as learn how to create tokens (such as NFTs), something that is getting a lot of investors’ attention lately. At the end of this workshop, you will be on your way to your first ICO.
- Introduction to Blockchain
- How Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies work
- Getting Started with Ethereum
- What is Ethereum
- Using a cryptocurrency wallet – MetaMask
- Connecting to Ethereum networks
- Using geth to run an Ethereum node
- Creating your Own Private Ethereum Blockchain networks
- Smart Contracts and Decentralized Applications (DApp)
- Use Cases for Smart Contracts
- Writing Smart Contracts
- Learning Solidity
- Compiling Smart Contracts
- Deploying Smart Contracts
- Using Smart Contracts using Web3
- Interfacing with a cryptocurrency wallet
- Invoking a Smart Contract
- Sending Ether to Contracts
- Killing Smart Contracts
- Creating Tokens
- What are Tokens?
- Developing Token Smart Contracts – ERC-20 and ERC-721
- Deploying Token Smart Contracts
- Selling Tokens Through Crowdsourcing
- Getting Ready for ICO
- Accepting Tokens in Smart Contracts
- Creating Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- What is an NFT?
- Creating an NFT Token contract
- Storing digital assets using IPFS
- DeFi (Decentralized Finance)
- What is DeFi
- Developers who want to venture into the exciting world of blockchain
- Developers who want to write smart contracts for the Ethereum blockchain
- Developers who want to explore the different types of contracts that they can write on the Ethereum blockchain – ERC-20 Tokens, and ERC-721 NFT Token contracts
- Basic programming knowledge.
- Understanding of basic object-oriented programming concepts.
- Software – to be installed during class (macOS/Windows).