From Monoliths to Microservices: Principles and Practices
Several organizations are rapidly moving towards creating microservices from their background of having created monolithic applications. What are some of the challenges that we can expect to run into? How do we migrate from the monolithic mindset and experience to successfully building microservices?
In this workshop we will take a look at some of the principles and practices that we have to keep in mind when building microservices. We will discuss how to structure and architect applications using microservices. Furthermore, we will also discuss how to migrate our applications and also data to microservices. We will discuss both technical practices and the approaches we should consider for a successful journey and implementations.
- Why build microservices
- What are and what are not microservices
- Core principles to creating microservices
- Architectural patterns and principles for microservices
- Governing the creation and maintenance of microservices
You will learn to:
- Evaluate if microservices are the right option
- Know how to structure your system into microservices
- Decide on the boundaries and context for microservices
- Know how to manage the development and maintenance of microservices
- Know the dos and don’ts to follow when building microservices
- Team leaders
- Technical managers