Getting started with Kubernetes
Kubernetes is how you run Docker in production. Bring your laptop with Docker for Windows or Docker for Mac installed. We’ll walk through getting a K8s cluster fired up on Docker-Desktop, and on Azure. You’ll be hosting Docker containers in development and production in no time.
We’ll dig deep into:
- A quick tour through Docker concepts
- The components of a Kubernetes cluster
- Pods, services, deployments, and replicas
- Ways to scale and expose/isolate your containers
- Public and private container registries
- Promoting from development to production
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Best practices for building at cloud scale
- Tips & Tricks for leveraging Docker and Kubernetes
- When not to use Kubernetes
We’ll look at the commands and ecosystem around building infrastructure as code, local and cloud clusters, and best practices with containers.
Come see why devs and ops love Kubernetes!