The Evolution of Java: Language and Key API Changes from Java 9 to 15
Java is no longer that slow moving verbose language. The development of Java has accelerated thanks to the new frequent release cadence. In this workshop, learn about the changes to the Java language and some of the key improvements to the JDK that has happened in each version since Java 9. Instead of rushing through a laundry list of features, this workshop will dive in, using hands on examples and labs, into the benefits of the features and ways in which we can apply them.
Course is example driven with live coding, illustrates the key features, demonstrates the purpose of the features and how developers can benefit from them to build their applications.
- Language enhancements in Java starting from 9
- Improvements to try-with-resources and finalizer
- JDK changes, improvements to different classes/interfaces
- Type inference changes
- Switch Expressions, Pattern Matching, Text Blocks, Records, and more
- Where’s Java heading?
You will learn to:
- Apply and benefit from modern language features
- Create better code with newer enhancements
- Reduce verbosity in code
- Make informed plan for migration
- The future of Java
- Java programmers
- Team leaders
- Technical managers