2021mon08mar(mar 8)16:00tue09(mar 9)20:00Evolutionary Architecture and Architectural Patterns: From Concepts to Practice16:00 - 20:00 (9)(GMT+02:00) View in my time Trainer: Dr. Venkat Subramaniam Event Type :Architecture
Experienced developers don’t try to naively reinvent wheels. Instead they learn and adapt proven, commonly used solutions. Such efforts often mitigate the risks, saves time, and also reduces the cost
Experienced developers don’t try to naively reinvent wheels. Instead they learn and adapt proven, commonly used solutions. Such efforts often mitigate the risks, saves time, and also reduces the cost of implementing solutions. Unlike frameworks, the architectural patterns are not downloaded and installed, but are solution ideas that are adapted for the system on hand. The pattern we select depends on many things, including the nature of the applications that comprise the systems, the infrastructure, and the environment.
In this workshop learn about the most prominent architectural patterns, their strengths and weaknesses, when to use them, and how to decide which pattern may fit for your needs. Furthermore, adopting and refining an appropriate architecture is challenging. Do it too early you end up with something irrelevant. Do it too late and we have extensibility issues. We will discuss the why and how of evolving architecture. We will start with a quick discussion on the reasons and risk. Then we will dive into discussing the principles and practices that can help us to evolve the architectures for our systems.
- Reasons to evolve architecture
- Principles, practices, and approaches to facilitate evolution
- Challenges in building large scalable systems
- Various architectural patterns and Benefits of using them
- Choosing between architectural patterns
What will you learn?
- Clearly understand and articulate the reasons to evolve architecture
- Tackle and alleviate issues of evolving architecture
- Know the different architectural patterns and know how to choose between them
- Guide teams to select and apply relevant patterns
- Decide if a particular pattern is a right choice for a system on hand
Who is this for?
Programmers, architects, team leaders, technical managers
About the course
- Duration – 1 day course split in 2 parts (4 hours 2 days in a row) (the agenda can be tailored to 2 day workshop, for more information please contact [email protected])
- Standard price – 299 + VAT (2 weeks before the course, price change to Late bird – 349 Eur + VAT)
- Location – online
8 (Monday) 16:00 - 9 (Tuesday) 20:00(GMT+02:00) View in my time
Dr. Venkat SubramaniamDr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., and an instructional professor at the University of Houston. He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects. Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email or on twitter at @venkat_s.[email protected]