2021thu30dec(dec 30)16:00fri31(dec 31)20:00From Monoliths to Microservices: Principles and Practices16:00 - 20:00 (31)(GMT+02:00) View in my time Trainer: Dr. Venkat Subramaniam Event Type :Microservices
Several organizations are rapidly moving towards creating microservices from their background of having created monolithic applications. What are some of the challenges that we can expect to run into? How
Several organizations are rapidly moving towards creating microservices from their background of having created monolithic applications. What are some of the challenges that we can expect to run into? How do we migrate from the monolithic mindset and experience to successfully building microservices?
In this workshop we will take a look at some of the principles and practices that we have to keep in mind when building microservices. We will discuss how to structure and architect applications using microservices. Furthermore, we will also discuss how to migrate our applications and also data to microservices. We will discuss both technical practices and the approaches we should consider for a successful journey and implementations.
- Why build microservices
- What are and what are not microservices
- Core principles to creating microservices
- Architectural patterns and principles for microservices
- Governing the creation and maintenance of microservices
What will you learn?
- Evaluate if microservices are the right option
- Know how to structure your system into microservices
- Decide on the boundaries and context for microservices
- Know how to manage the development and maintenance of microservices
- Know the dos and don’ts to follow when building microservices
Who is this for?
Programmers, architects, team leaders, technical managers
About the course
- Duration – 1 day course split in 2 parts (4 hours 2 days in a row) (the agenda can be tailored to 2 day workshop, for more information please contact info@NineBrains.eu)
- Standard price – 399 Eur + VAT (2 weeks before the course, price change to Late bird – 449 Eur + VAT)
- Date – to be announced (if you’re interested, please contact info@NineBrains.eu)
- Location – online
30 (Thursday) 16:00 - 31 (Friday) 20:00(GMT+03:00) View in my time
Dr. Venkat SubramaniamDr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., and an instructional professor at the University of Houston. He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects. Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email or on twitter at @firstname.lastname@example.org