2021thu30dec(dec 30)16:00fri31(dec 31)20:00The Evolution of Java: Language and Key API Changes from Java 9 to 1516:00 - 20:00 (31)(GMT+02:00) View in my time Trainer: Dr. Venkat Subramaniam Event Type :Java
Java is no longer that slow moving verbose language. The development of Java has accelerated thanks to the new frequent release cadence. In this workshop, learn about the changes to
Java is no longer that slow moving verbose language. The development of Java has accelerated thanks to the new frequent release cadence. In this workshop, learn about the changes to the Java language and some of the key improvements to the JDK that has happened in each version since Java 9. Instead of rushing through a laundry list of features, this workshop will dive in, using hands on examples and labs, into the benefits of the features and ways in which we can apply them.
Course is example driven with live coding, illustrates the key features, demonstrates the purpose of the features and how developers can benefit from them to build their applications.
- Language enhancements in Java starting from 9
- Improvements to try-with-resources and finalizer
- JDK changes, improvements to different classes/interfaces
- Type inference changes
- Switch Expressions, Pattern Matching, Text Blocks, Records, and more
- Where’s Java heading?
What will you learn?
- Apply and benefit from modern language features
- Create better code with newer enhancements
- Reduce verbosity in code
- Make informed plan for migration
- The future of Java
Who is this for?
Java programmers, team leaders, architects, technical managers
About the course
- Duration – 1 day course split in 2 parts (4 hours 2 days in a row) (the agenda can be tailored to 2 day workshop, for more information please contact info@NineBrains.eu)
- Standard price – 399 Eur + VAT (2 weeks before the course, price change to Late bird – 449 Eur + VAT)
- Date – to be announced (if you’re interested, please contact info@NineBrains.eu)
- Location – online
30 (Thursday) 16:00 - 31 (Friday) 20:00(GMT+03:00) View in my time
Dr. Venkat SubramaniamDr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., and an instructional professor at the University of Houston. He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects. Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email or on twitter at @firstname.lastname@example.org