IdentityServer in Production
When we say that this course is about deploying to production, we really mean it. In this course, we will deploy the services we create to the public internet, using real TLS certificates and automatic build/deployment.
The solution you will deploy contains a client, an API, and a fully configured IdentityServer. We are especially proud that we don’t cheat or cut corners in this all-encompassing course.
You will learn to:
- Store configuration data in a separate configuration service
- Create logs in a separate logging server for analytics and visualization
- Use real HTTPS certificates
- Create our own token signing keys
- Use continuous deployment to deploy our services
This very hands-on course contains extensive exercises that will take you through all the steps involved in creating a successful identity solution.
In this course, we will cover the following:
– HTTPS certificates
– Duende IdentityServer
– Error handling
– Securing the client
– Data Protection API
– Public/Private key encryption
– Keys, certificates, and PKCS 12 files
– Creating JWT signing keys using OpenSSL
– Token signing keys
– IdentityServer and the database
– User management
– Tokens and claims
– Securing the API
– Consuming the API
– Refresh tokens
– Extending IdentityServer
– Performance and service resiliency
– Troubleshooting IdentityServer
And much more…
Developers who want to learn step-by-step how to securely deploy an IdentityServer solution to the internet. If you are using any of the previous versions of IdentityServer, this course is still very relevant, as many of the core concepts are the same.
- A basic understanding of OAuth, OpenID Connect, IdentityServer, and ASP.NET Core, like what is covered in the Securing ASP.NET using OpenID Connect and IdentityServer course
- Good C# skills
- Very basic Git version control skills
We recommend that you have a suitable laptop that can run multiple instances of Visual Studio and at least one big monitor for the optimal experience.
– You need to have Visual Studio 2022 version 17.4 or higher installed.
– In this course, we use ASP.NET Core 7 and IdentityServer 6.
– All course materials are written in English.
– The course can be taught in either Swedish or English.
– Though this course deals with the cloud and containers, it is not the focus of this course, and no cloud/container experience is needed.